Sunday 26 January 2014

Big, voluminous hair

Last Sunday I tried something a little different with my hair and was so impressed by how it turned out I've decided to share it with you.
I have very naturally straight hair and usually I would curl it every day and brush it out into loose, bouncy waves. Although my hair is quite long and thick, I've never been able to achieve the correct level of volume with it, and despite trying numerous products, nothing has worked as well as this little trio.

I've been a big fan of Toni&Guy sea salt texturising spray for a while now and particularly like to use it in the summer when I want my hair to look effortlessly styled. I used it with two new products I've been trying recently in the hope that each one would do their little bit to build up the volume in not only the lengths but also the roots of my hair. 

I'm sure nearly every girl uses her fair share of dry shampoo - it's a god-send for those days where you just can't be bothered or you've spent too much time doing your makeup and haven't allowed enough time to wash your hair. However, I'm not the biggest fan of Batiste as I find it far too chalky and it dries my hair out. So in a bid to try more brands, I gave this slightly pricier dry shampoo out. This is the Charles Worthington salon at home dry shampoo. It's brilliant as the formula is light and not powdery at all, it settles in the roots and once worked in lifts the roots so effortlessly to create amazing volume. 

I finally finished the look with the brilliant Loreal studio line texture spray which I think is like a mixture between a sea spray and a hairspray to create a perfect mattifying spray which inspires a tousled look to any hair. It even works on my boring dead-straight hair (believe it or not!).

Altogether, these products make for the perfect stay-all-day volume treat for dull-looking hair and give that effortless 'oh look how gorgeously big and windswept my natural hair is' look, with only a few sprays of each!


not the best picture, but you get the idea!


What hair products have you been loving lately? Let me know!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment