Saturday 8 February 2014

Review | Vaseline 'spray & go' body moisturiser

I've heard a definite mixture of good and bad reviews about this product, and honestly didn't know what to expect when I first tried it. I bought the cream coloured one first, which is the 'essential moisture' version, which is a light, fresh scent you'd typically expect from a moisturiser. Obviously their novelty isn't the scent of the product, but rather the thing they're advertised to do - 'moisturise in seconds'. The idea is that if you're in a hurry to get ready, but your body skin needs a little pick-me-up, you give a quick spray, wait a matter of seconds and the product will have sunk in, leaving you ready to put on your clothes without that sticky feeling. 
I was under the impression that you wouldn't need to get your hands messy either, as you'd just spray and go, but the nozzle sprays the product into a sort of splatter onto the skin which you then have to rub in yourself. Not a problem, just my own mis-judgement!
The product did sink in pretty quickly and definitely didn't feel sticky once dressed, however I felt no matter how thickly I applied the spray, it still only gave a light, hour-long feeling of being moisturised and didn't seem to last long enough to leave a lasting feeling of soft skin.
Out of all three sprays, my favourite is the 'cocoa radiant' as it smells divine, but all three seem to work in the exact same way and leave the same feeling.

Overall, I enjoyed trying the products and will probably bring them out of my beauty drawers in summer time when I want a light skin pick-me-up during the day or just before a night out. Not the best product for night-time moisturising as I like a thick, long lasting softness cream, however I can fundamentally say they're a very good idea and are still on my daily beauty agenda!


I'd love to know if anyone else has tried them and what they thought about them, but for now, take care and expect another post from me soon! :)



xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hey honey! I've nominated you for a Liebster award! Check out my blog to have a look at the questions I've asked you and I look forward to reading your answers!

    Much love,
    Nicole xx

    www.yougotafriendinme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete