Saturday 11 January 2014

A MAC for every mood


My MAC Collection

A MAC lipstick is possibly the staple product of every beauty bloggers' makeup collection and is a product which never goes out of fashion. With their sturdy packaging and beautiful colour pigments, MAC is definitely my favourite brand for lip products.
With only five to my name, I don't have as many as some people, but as you can tell from my picture, they're all very well loved!


#1 Nicki Minaj Limited Edition 'Viva Glam'
Starting with the 1st lipstick in the left hand corner, my Viva Glam lipstick is one of my definite favourites. It's a beautifully soft and creamy hot pink, with lighter undertones than that of the very popular (and much lusted after by me) 'Candy Yum Yum'. It's a good lipstick for everyday, as it's not too bright but adds a lovely pop of colour.

#2 'Flat Out Fabulous'
A new addition to my collection and a new favourite, 'Flat Out Fabulous' is everything it says in the name. I hinted to my boyfriend a little while back just how much I loved it after trying it in my local MAC store and the little gem he is, he bought it for me for christmas! :D It's a gorgeous deep purple/pink shade which can be built up depending on how many layers you apply. It's my only matte shade but I can safely say, after trying matte, I will definitely try more!

#3 'Costa Chic'
This is the second MAC I ever bought and is a very pretty coral pink. It's definitely more on the pink side of coral rather than orange, and is perfect to wear with a soft brown smokey eye. It's a creamsheen so packs loads of creamyness and colour.

#4 'Sunny Seoul'
Definitely a stay-safe shade if you're more a lipgloss girl than a lipstick girl and you're willing to try something new. It's a pretty light pink which can be slightly sheer when first applied but built up into more of a pink colour. It's a lovely everyday lip colour and perfect for summer time. I did a fuller review of this lipstick here.

#5 'Creme Cup'
My absolute, all-time favourite, go-to colour which never lets me down. When I can't be bothered with fancy eye makeup or meticulously applied bold lip colour, I reach for my 'Creme Cup'. It's a creamsheen so very very creamy and soft and easy to apply, it's a less daring nude with pink undertones so creates a softer lip than brown-based nudes. One of the first MAC's I ever bought, and my most-used, I bought this one without much knowledge of how many different nude shades there were. I plan to branch out and try a more beige nude soon as I've become a bit more daring, but this one will always be a firm favourite everyday colour.

Below is a little swatch picture for you to see what they look like when applied. Sorry they're not on the lips, it was just easier this way!




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment