Thursday 7 February 2013

Perricone MD 'No foundation foundation' review


I recently took the plunge and forked out for the 'No Foundation Foundation' from Perricone MD Cosmeceuticals. It has a hefty ol' price tag and retails for around £47.00
It's only a 30ml bottle and obviously, for the price tag, doesn't look worth it, but once you get past the first impressions and give it a go, it is SO worth it! I took a while to decide whether or not I wanted this or the 'No Concealer Concealer' which retails for £37.00, but seeing all the rave reviews in magazines I went for the foundation. 
The idea of these products are that they're more for 'wakening' the skin, rather than masking it. They look like foundation on first glance but once used on the skin, appears like more of an oil or a gel. It suggests rubbing it into the skin using soft, small, circular motions until well-blended. It reacts with the skin pigmentation and creates a glowy, dewy effect to really wake up the skin. It will look different on every skin type as like I said it reacts with the skin, rather than covering it up like most foundations. (hence the name)
When I applied it I really felt like it was doing something for my skin, and although it doesn't give you completely flawless skin, I can imagine that somebody with a good complexion and skin pigment all over their face (somebody with olive skin for example) would be able to use this to bring out the best of their skin. However, as I have a very poor complexion and a miss-match pigment I would need to use a bit of foundation or concealer together with the product in order to cover any blemishes or problem areas. It comes in a little smooth glass bottle, with a screw-cap lid and an additional pump lid. This is great because the pump is easy to use and much more hygienic, but also because when you're running low, you can just stick your finger in and screw the lid back on afterwards. Easy!

Another benefit of the product is that it has an SPF 30 sunscreen, meaning that it is the perfect foundation to wear while sunbathing. The face is an area a lot of girls forget to protect when sunbathing (I hold my hands up, I do too!), because a lot of makeup doesn't contain any sunscreen or SPF, meaning a fully make-upped face is completely unprotected in the summer time. I think this would be perfect for those days when you can't be bothered to wear makeup but feel your skin needs 'a bit of help', or to wear on sunny days when makeup just slides off your face. After all, with the SPF, there's more than one great reason to wear it under the heat of the sun!


Although its pricey, it is a fantastic product, a 5 star rating in mine, and many other people's books. I'm unsure as to whether I would ever fork out for another bottle but I think that depends on how long this one lasts me. If it goes on for ages, it's worth it! 
I hope you enjoyed my review and I hope you feel the same about the product if you've tried it. A definite beauty must-have! 


Sophie. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment