Wednesday 12 February 2014

Goodbye dark brown, hello blonde (sort of)

bye bye dark brown locks!

Since the day I was born I have had thick dark brown hair, and despite a few dubious 'experiments' during my teens, it has pretty much remained the same colour throughout my life.
I adore my brunette hair, and after attempting all over bleach blonde when I was 17 (cringing at the thought of those blotchy yellow/bronze highlights), I was more than happy to go back to my comfort zone and my glossy chocolate brown locks.
However, over the past two years, I've been contemplating doing the hair fashion must-have and bleaching the ends of my hair to create the 'dip dye' or 'ombre' effect.
I adore this look and think it's incredibly classy and pretty (if done correctly, it is SO easy for it to go horribly wrong, I've seen a few prime examples), but feeling nervy about the dreaded bleach on my ends has left me saying no at the very last minute.
Speaking to a friend who is a hairdresser, she's given me many tips on where to get it done, how much to pay, what to ask for and what to expect and I'm feeling a little bit better about it. I've been doing my research and trying to find as many pictures as I can of girls with long dark hair like mine, with ombred ends. The pictures I saw the most, were lovely, long, dark brown hair with subtle golden highlights stretching from the mid-lengths of the hair and splashing out onto the ends. This gives a golden glow and blonde effect to the hair without the ends having to be totally doused in bleach and without the awful blonde to brown line that would stretch across the mid-length of my hair. I fear it'll be a tricky thing to ask for, but hopefully with the correct care and dedication from professional hairdressers, I'll come out with the barnet I've always dreamed of!



The gorgeous Camilla Alves with the look I want to ask for!
google images




Sometimes you need a little change to brighten things up!




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment