Monday 11 July 2016

Monday Musings

photo featured above is my own


Happy Monday!
I'm not normally one to write inspirational posts. I like the simplicity of writing a post about my current favourite face cream or my lipstick collection, but today I feel different. I've woken up somewhat positive and feel like spreading that positivity. 
I've had this blog for a few years now and although it is mainly just my hobby and not my full-time job, I feel like I'm always happy with the direction it's headed in. I love having a little play every now and then to decide how I feel about the layout or the content, and I adore the fact that it's something very personal to me and it's all mine to do what I want with. 
Something I don't speak about often (mainly because this is a beauty and fashion blog rather than a detailed insight into my life) is that I write novels on the side of my job as a beauty advisor. In the same kind of way, the time I spend writing fiction is similar to the time I put into my blog, apart from the fact that the ratio of how much time I spend on each is completely incomparable. It's the chance for me to spend a little time switching off from the stresses and pressures of life and focus on what I really like to do, but also I get something out of it. I'm planning on getting my latest book published. It's a teen fiction or young adult novel with a hint of a thriller attached to it. I've been posting chapters of different books I've written over the years on Wattled and am soon to begin doing that with the latest one. Once its finished (I've given myself a three month deadline) I will be sending it off to a few publishers to get an insight into what may need improving. Hopefully one day somebody will enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it and just like this blog, it will get me somewhere I could never have dreamt of going. 
For now though, I will continue using my random little bursts of inspiration and positivity to focus on what I love doing, and enjoy it while I can. 
Always focus on you, no matter what it is you love, and never give up. 

xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment