Tuesday 6 October 2015

Organic Surge Product Review


I was recently very lucky enough to be sent some products from the luxury organic skincare brand Organic Surge. The first thing I noticed was how lovely the packaging is, with smooth, soft plastic and a white, red and silver colourway, the packaging alone sold the products for me before I'd even tried them! 

I decided to replace my current skincare routine for a month, and feeling a bit dubious about this decision as I'd been suffering with ugly breakouts, I had high hopes for these products. The product I used the most was the Blissful Daily Moisturiser (which I'm nearly out of! *sobs*). Out of the whole range, it is perhaps my favourite product, as I really can't fault it in any way. 
It's a smooth, velvety formula which glides onto skin like silk, and soaks in almost straight away, leaving no greasy, sticky residue but softening the skin just the right amount. I have quite oily skin and would usually use a super creamy moisturiser at night and a mattifying moisturiser before applying my makeup in the morning. However, with this little beauty I literally only have to use this morning and night. You only need a little bit which is perfect because it makes the product last a lot longer than most moisturisers. The only thing I am not uber keen on is the strong lemon scent, but only because I'm not usually a lemon scent fan! It is definitely bearable though and is very fresh smelling so I can see that many people would be more than happy with it's scent. Overall, it is a four star out of five moisturiser, and I will happily repurchase and continue to use!



My second favourite product (and second most regularly used), was the Tropical Bergamot Skin Perfecting Body Scrub. I use body scrubs very often as I can't stand dry skin, and as a phantom fake tanner, my skin dries out quite quickly and begins to get a bit patchy after a few weeks (ew). I was a bit unsure about the scrub's abrasive power as at first glance it's incredibly creamy. However, once used, it not only buffs away any dull, dry bits without much scrubbing, but it also leaves the skin feeling silky smooth as it's such a creamy consistency. Until using this product, I hadn't found a scrub that leaves my skin silky, as most of them require a moisturiser afterwards straight away. However with this beautiful scrub, you can wait a little while after scrubbing and not worry about dry skin, perfect! 


When it comes to skincare of the face, I'm never really sure where to turn to give my skin the best care. Many different companies will tell you different things to avoid spots, such as micellar waters, cleansers, toners, buffers and serums. But to get rid of dead skin cells, even out skin tones and prevent spots, everyone knows that the best thing to do for your skin is to exfoliate with a good, natural product and a hot flannel. This (Perfecting Face Polish) is by far the best exfoliator I have ever used, with a creamy, smooth texture and only tiny, grainy beads which don't stick to your face for ages afterwards. I found that when I was having a particularly bad breakout, if I washed my face with this morning and night, the spots would shrink almost immediately and feel a lot calmer and cleaner. Without harsh chemicals, you know that when using this, your skin is thanking you for giving it nutrients and not pumping it full of things it doesn't need.


If I didn't have enough time to exfoliate or cleanse, and my skin wasn't particularly very bad, I found this face wash very useful. It has the illusion of being a runny, difficult to apply soap but when you rub it into your hands it lathers up perfectly, almost sticky to the touch but foaming when it is warmed up. It's brilliant for on-the-go, in-a-rush application, and leaves the skin feeling silky smooth and perfectly cleansed. This product will last me a long time, as I've used it quite a lot in a month and I still have nearly all of it remaining!


Next up is the Gentle Cleansing Lotion which is great when you follow it up after the exfoliator. It's smooth and creamy, and easy to apply, again, just like the others, leaving the skin clean and clear and smooth to the touch. I used it with cotton pads and followed up with the moisturiser before bed, as it's a perfect night-time product. It's not particularly light, so I would rather use it at night but if you're a fan of super nourished skin in the daytime (perhaps if you have naturally dry skin or don't really wear much makeup), it's perfect. Again, like the other products, you don't need to use too much, which means it will last you a long long time, even if you do use it daily!


Last, and certainly not least is the Deep Cleansing Face Mask. There is absolutely no reason why I have reviewed this one last, as I believe it was one of my favourites. When you fancy a pamper, it's nice to be able to pop on a face mask and look forward to seeing the benefits afterwards, and the easiest way to use a face mask is to get it from a bottle, meaning it will be a long long time until you run out and there's no need for any fiddly little packets! I left this on for ten minutes but I believe you could leave it on longer as it doesn't go dry and crackly like other face masks do. It settles on the skin and dries out a little, but it almost goes invisible as it sinks into your skin so well, so you can tell you skin is really getting the benefits. After washing off with warm water you can instantly see how much brighter your complexion looks and I can 100% confirm it is worth every penny. 


Overall, I was really impressed with the Organic Surge product range and I can definitely confirm I will be purchasing more products as they have an abundance more on their website. I have my eye on the Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser and the Reviving Eye Gel. They have a huge range, from creams and lotions to shampoos and shower gels, so there's plenty to choose from for all types of customer. The prices are reasonable and they are undoubtedly worth every penny. I urge anybody who is interested in skincare products with no nasty chemicals and humble, honest labels and values to check out Organic Surge, as I can assure you won't be disappointed!


xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment