Saturday 7 February 2015

Kiko Milano lip product review









So recently myself and my boyfriend took a trip to Cambridge on a spa break which I can definitely say was much needed. We stayed in a beautiful hotel in which we spent most of the three days chilling in the pool, relaxing in our room and being treated to the most amazing massages! If you don't know already, I happen to be a bit of a shopping addict and any opportunity to shop in another city other than the one I live in is so exciting for me! On our second day we took a trip to the city centre of Cambridge and browsed the shops in the Grand Arcade. We popped into shops such as Fossil and Ted Baker which was torture enough for me as I'm not supposed to be spending money! I hadn't spent any money on makeup products (a big thing for me!), and as we passed the Kiko Milano shop, Will encouraged me to pop in and have a look. I'm a Kiko virgin and I hadn't ever been terribly excited about their products as they don't have many shops in the UK and they're not heavily advertised. 
I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of products they had to offer, and not only that but their prices were incredible! There were rows upon rows of colourful single pallet eyeshadows and creamy lipsticks. I spent a good half an hour browsing and eventually settled on two lipsticks and a lip liner. (I could have bought so much more but with my boyfriend next to me, I had to restrain myself!). 

I chose a dark matte nude to start with - number 601, with high hopes it would provide the perfect Kylie Jenner lip (something I've been obsessed with recently). I then picked an orange-toned red which is number 605, both of which were from one of the collections, called 'Velvet Mat'. The different lipstick collections were varying prices and this particular one was £6.90 a lipstick. I believe the cheapest collection is the 'Smart Lipstick' which is £3.90. I picked up a dark red lip pencil too as I seem to have misplaced mine and it looked like a good shade to match my lipsticks. 

The lipsticks are incredibly pigmented (as you can see in the swatch picture), you barely need to apply any product to get a bright colour. They're also incredibly creamy and moisturising. The only thing I was slightly disappointed about was that they weren't particularly matte effect, especially if you're used to MAC's retro matte collection! The red lipstick is my favourite as it compliments my blue eyes (the last picture isn't the best quality but I like the way it makes my eyes pop!) and it tends to hold it's colour longer than the nude, but I would wear the nude more in the summer when I want a moisturising colour without wearing anything too striking. 
I definitely think they are worth the money and the cool packaging makes it so much better, they look so pretty on my dressing table! I would definitely pop back when I'm next near a store, and hope and pray they bring a store to Norwich some time soon. 

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is pretty awesome, plenty of hard work. Just don't know how to follow u xx

    ReplyDelete