Thursday 1 November 2012

Entering the world of blogging...

Being an avid technology fan and a lover of beauty, fashion and the creative world, I decided that maybe Twitter, Facebook and Instagram weren't as far as I could stretch.
I've been a keen follower of many beauty blogs over the past year and have found myself getting closer and closer to becoming a beauty blogger through my interest in makeup, hair, fashion and all things beauty, not to mention my beauty purchases and pictures shared through Instagram and Twitter! 

I suppose the reason I've only just begun beauty blogging was that I felt I wasn't good enough. I naively decided you needed heaps of knowledge on the latest beauty products and the most exclusive blogging software to even begin beauty blogging. However after reading many beauty bloggers' first posts and experiences with blogging, I realised that I wasn't the only one who felt they weren't good enough for the beauty blogging world. In fact every single beauty blogger I have seen and read about had previously sought help from others, such as friends or fellow bloggers, design and software boffins or even just the trusty 'Blogging for Dummies' book.

Which leads me on to my next point. Feeling rather frightened about the blogging world and I suppose inferior to those with such successful blogs, I decided to read the handbook 'Blogging for Dummies' which I bought from WHSmith (many other book stores sell it too). I couldn't believe how helpful it was as the writing style didn't make me feel patronised or buried under mounds of knowledge difficult to digest. This was perfect for a novice blogger feeling as nervous as I did about the blogging world, as it addressed many different kinds of bloggers, as one knows that there are many different kinds of blogs around (hundreds, in fact). 

I'm keen to get my blog looking great and attracting many, because to share my love of beauty and fashion with others as keen as me and to give inspiration to those wanting to follow the same route is my idea of fun! Just fingers crossed that my blog will be read by many and enjoyed by plenty. I aim to please and that's just what I'm going to try and do!



'Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"' - Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment